ПРОФ. ДР ВЛАДИМИР ГОЦЕВСКИ
Date of birth: June 15, 1947
Place of birth: Skopje, Yugoslavia
Languages: Spoken and written: French, English and Macedonian very good
Other Slavic languages: Serbo-Croatian and Bulgarian very good, Russian, Polish, and Check basic understanding.
Civil Status: Married, two children
- University of Skopje, Yugoslavia B.Sc. Civil Engineering, 1971
- University of Skopje, Yugoslavia Post graduate studies in structural dynamics and earthquake engineering, organized by the United Nations, 1972
- Concordia University, Montreal, Quebec M.Eng. Civil Engineering, 1977
- Concordia University, Montreal, Quebec Ph.D. Civil Engineering, 1985
Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec La Société canadienne de génie civil
SCHOLAR AFFILIATION (FROM 1985 TO 2004)
Adjunct Associate Professor, Concordia University, Montreal
Member of the External Advisory Board at the Faculty of Engineering and Computer Science, Concordia University, Montreal
Associate Professor, École Polytechnique, University of Montreal
Adjunct Professor, McMaster University, Hamilton
1992 to date HYDRO-QUÉBEC Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Specialist, structural engineering (Head of Structural Department)
Responsible for project validations (structures)
Department of civil engineering – Équipment de production
Responsible for the civil aspects of rehabilitation of hydro electrical and nuclear structures :
· methodology of the design and construction approach;
· design criteria;
· normalized specifications ;
· program of following-up the structural behavior during construction.
Rehabilitation of hydroelectric power stations:
· La Tuque
· La Gabelle etc…
Rehabilitation of Nuclear Power Plant – Gentilly-2 (G2):
· Seismic evaluation of all G2 buildings
· Colaboration with experts in seismology to define the most representative respons spectrum for the site of G2
· Colaboration with experts in seismology to define the most representative time histories for the site of G2
· Linear and advanced non linear static and dynamic analyses
· Seismic fragility of structures – HCLPF for all G2 structures
· Generation of Floor Response Spectra from 3D FE analysis
· Seismic fragility of equipment
· Evaluation of structural aging – Aging Management Program
· Impact analyses (soft and hard misiles, fire after impact)
· Soil-Structure interaction analyses
Rehabilitation of spillways :
· Beauharnois les Cedars
· Bryson etc...
Rehabilitation of other structures (bridges) :
· Pont Larocque
· Pont St-Louis etc...
Numerical analysis on various project
· Frequency and seismic response analysis using COSMOS/M, ASTAR, ADINA, SAP2000, DRAIN-2D.
· Alkali-aggregate reaction (AAR) analysis using COSMOS/M and McFEM
· Nonlinear finite element analysis using COSMOS/M NSTAR
· Linear finite element analysis using COSMOS/M GEOSTAR
· Heat transfer and thermal stress analysis using COSMOS/M HSTAR
· Some of the analysed structures are: Beauharnois Power plant,
Gentilly-2 nucear power plant, Rapides-des-Quinze Power plant, St. Lambert Lock,
1991 to 1994 Head of the bord of experts assigned to evaluate the structural stability of the Montreal's Olympic Stadium (in parallel to other work)
1988 to 1992 SOCIÉTÉ D'ÉNERGIE DE LA BAIE JAMES (SEBJ) Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Specialist Structural Engineering
Responsible for the civil aspect of the following programs :
· Hydro Power station and related works of LG 2A, LG 1 et LA 1.
· Bridges : Polaris (span 300 m), B14 (50 m), B15 (30m), C10 (50m) et C11 (50 m).
Main functions :
· Performing independent calculations in order to check the calculations submitted by consultants.
· Checking and approval of the work done by the consultants (quality control, design criteria, design calculations).
· Coordinate with field people for the approval of the requests for design changes.
· Approval of the manufacturers drawings.
· Approval of the proposals for equivalent solutions.
1984 to 1989 HATCH & ASSOCIÉS INC. Montreal, Quebec, Canada Specialist, structural engineering
1983 to date VLAD INGÉNIERIE CONSTRUCTION ET GESTION DES PROJETS INC.
Consulting Engineer Beaconsfield, Quebec, Canada
President - principal designer (work executed in parallel to the full-time obligations in the other consulting companies)
· Numerous consulting projects – expertises amog other:
· Safety evaluation of the Montreal Olympic Stadium after 1991 beam collapse
· Evaluation of the roof local failure of the Montreal Olympic Stadium
· Causes of collapse of two cranes in Montreal Est
· Evaluation of the structural behaviour of the Asbestos-Cement electric pole (R&D)
· Invention of Bolted Steel Joists (US patent)
· Analysis of two bridges (construction procedures) etc….
1981 to 1983 DELISLE & ASSOCIÉS INC. Longueuil, Quebec, Canada
President - principal designer
1979 to 1981 CANATOM INC. Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Senior Civil Engineer
Design Quality Assurance Group
Main functions :
· Performing independent calculations in order to check the calculations (analysis and design) submitted by other Canatom engineers for the NPP: Gentily 2, Wolsung-1, Cerna Voda (Quality Assurance)
· Checking and approval of the work done by othe engineers (quality control, design criteria, design calculations).
· Writing Design Criteria for "Seismic Qualification of Massonery Walls" and "Foundations under equipment Vibration", "Liner for the Spent Fuel Pool"
· Approval of the manufacturer's drawings (important structures).
· Approval of the proposals for equivalent solutions during construction.
1976 to 1979 HATCH ASSOCIÉS (QUÉBEC) INC. Montreal, Quebec, Canada
1974 to 1975 J. HORVATH & ASSOCIATES, INC. Montreal, Quebec, Canada
1973 to 1974 UNIVERSITY OF SKOPJE Skopje, Macedonia (former SR Yugoslavia)
Assistant professor of Structural Steel Design
1972 to 1973 J.N.A. Skopje, Yugoslavia
Tel: 001 514840300